· Please wear a cover-up that covers both top and bottom and shoes when entering and exiting the studio premises.
· Please wear clean dancewear and deodorant.
· No jewelry (or watches), except small earrings, is allowed in class.
· Please label all dancewear with your name or initials.
· Upper School: Ballet skirts and tight shorts may be worn during class. Warmups may be worn for plies but must be removed afterwards. Instructors reserve the right to tell a student if their skirt, shorts, or warmups are not appropriate to wear during class.
· Lower School: Dance sweaters and and detached dance skirts are allowed but no heavy coats.
· Neat classical bun secured with plenty of bobby pins. (Only one bun please, no double buns)
· Hairnets are recommended but not required.
· Bangs must be pinned or sprayed back.
· Hair that is too short for a bun must be clipped back or put into a ponytail.
· Students must wear the appropriate color leotard assigned for their class level.
· Please choose a modest style leotard. If the school directors feel that the student’s modesty is being compromised, they will contact the student’s parent.
· No shimmery colored tights.
· No footless tights.
· No non-dancewear tights.
· Replace tights that are damaged or are too small as soon as possible.
· Ballet shoes may not be worn outside the building.
· Pointe shoes that are “dead” may not be worn and need to be replaced as soon as possible.
Where can I find my dance attire?
· Discount Dance: www.discountdance.com
· The Competitive Edge: 5501 NE 109th Ct , Vancouver, WA 98662
· The Leotard: 2432 NE Martin Luther King Blvd. Portland, OR 97212